Monday, August 4, 2008

Infrared Saunas


I started learning about infrared saunas when I was doing research for my clients who suffered from chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. Infrared saunas have been proven to bring relief to people suffering from arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and certain skin conditions.
Infrared saunas are used to provide heat all over the body for relaxation, pain relief, to lower blood pressure and much more. It is usually a small wooden room, containing several infrared heaters. The sauna box creates the atmosphere of the sauna while the heaters provide the actual infrared therapy. The infrared heater produces radiant energy, which is the same as the heat from the sun, only without the harmful ultraviolet rays. Infrared radiant heat penetrates more than 1.5 inches (40 mm) into the body. The wavelengths of far infrared waves are typically between 5.8 and 1000 micrometers. This is supposed to correspond to the vibration of the water molecule at 9.4 micrometers. Because these vibrations are similar, say promoters, the infrared rays help knock toxins loose from fat cells into the body, and those toxins are then released through sweating. Researchers claim this heals and stimulates tissues, and that it is effective therapy for arthritis and tissue injuries. Because the skin is the largest organ of the body, regularly sweating in an infrared sauna can help decrease the toxic load and contribute to better health and vitality. Heavy Metal detoxification is something that everyone should consider.
I bought a sauna when I first moved to Saskatchewan, last September to help with the dry, cold winter. I have been really impressed with how relaxed I feel after sessions. One of my favorite ways to use it is right after a run. I do think it has enhanced my overall health. Right now I have a summer cold, and after not using it for a few weeks, [since September I have used it three to four times a week] I am impressed with how it has helped relieve my cold symptoms.
I usually use it for 30 minutes and it can be a wonderful place to meditate, with lavender oil burning in the aromatherapy dispenser and a meditative CD playing. After almost a year of use I can honestly say it has been one of my best investments for my health. Check them out for yourself if you haven’t already done so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails